Saturday, March 29, 2014

Today in California

It is cool and rainy (or at least overcast) and it is lovely! I get to wear pants and this cute little '60s-esque jacket that I too often forget. Today's weather also is allowing me to further appreciate the haircut I just gave myself. 
As with most of my haircuts, it started off as a trim. And then I decided to keep going, attempting to understand the techniques used by professionals to thin-out and shape my coarse locks. I also was constantly checking and re-checking my stash of hair-inspiration on Pinterest to reassure myself that shorter is better. I know that there is a lot left to be desired when it comes to my hair; the color is off and so poorly dyed (about 25% looks more grey than blonde because I have zero understanding of how bleach works,) and it really is just too thick to ever look exactly the way I want it to. But it's acceptable, by my standards, and I guess that's all the matters. 
I must admit, I was nice to wake up and NOT look like Gohan. 

Yay for ignorant hair dying/cutting and cool faux-mineral earrings (christmas gift from Emily)

Favorite non-heirloom ring  from Ann Taylor (I think)


 The jacket is from Old Navy, but I got it from Goodwill for 8 dollars about a year ago. I almost never wear it, but I think now that I don't have red hair I will be using it more often.

Pants... I love these. They are comfy and such a cute pattern. Plus I got them for like 6 or 7 bucks! (JC Penny)

Also, I find it hilarious that I actually thought I would blog over spring break.... My mom was in town the whole time and we went and saw so many places I didn't even have time to study for geology or german, let along compile pictures and thoughts for a post.

I hope you all are having a lovely final weekend of March! 

xGracie

No comments:

Post a Comment