Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Little Bit of London - The Imperial War Musuem

So, London was my first stop on my three week trip to the United Kingdom.  I stayed in a nice, little (...ish) hostel in Swiss Cottage which made for a lovely daily commute on the tube to the center of the city. My first full day there I spent almost entirely at the Imperial War Museum. It was so fantastic, I cannot even explain it so here are some low quality pictures (thanks to my fancy new iphone thinger) to help assist you in understanding. I only took photos of the Children's War, the 1940s House and bits of the WWI and WWII  exhibits, but there is so much more there. If you get a chance you should definitely go, unless anything related to wars or other significant world events doesn't interest you.
































I have been a bit overwhelmed with home cleaning/organizing/unpacking/repacking/christmasifying for the last few days since I got home, and I am also on the hunt for work since Im temporarily not in school so you can see why I don't feel up to explaining my wonderful trip right now. Maybe later.

Also, HOLY SMACKERS milk and crackers, how on earth did we manage to get up to 100 followers?! Don't get my wrong, Emily and I are pleased as punch, but very confused as to how we gained 15, more or less, followers after almost month of negligence. We both would like to let you all know how much we appreciate your attention and thank you for sticking with us! I hope to have some interesting things to talk about soon!

Oh! and a very happy 95th birthday to one of my favorite gals! It's a damn shame she didn't get to live out the wonderful life she deserved.


Live long and prosper,
Gee

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 100 followers. I had 97 last week, and this week I only have 96!

    The "Children's War" exhibit makes me want to go re-read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Is that a photo of Clark Gable I spy? I've got one (plus a very deco frame) from the 1930s. It's on top of my chest of drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Imperial War museum looks so impressive! My pal Jeni (who runs the blog, Yesterday Girl) works there! Anyway, thanks for sharing these images and congrats on reaching 100!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go to London! Maybe sometime next year... The War museum looks amazing, and it sounds like you had a grand time! Don't worry about not posting for a while, I always feel December is a time to enjoy, nor write about =)

    Congrats on 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah actually Lauren I believe sometime a weel or two ago we had 102 but we were abandoned. I honestly don't mind it, as long as there are still some people out there who enjoy what we post (however infrequently that may be!)

    Working at the IWM seems like a dream. Also, Jeni is a pretty snazzy dresser, so I think its pretty natural for me to be incredibly envious of her.

    Thanks to all of you, sincerely.

    ReplyDelete