Friday, May 27, 2011

Cats & Berries - the Song

Hello chums and chumettes (mostly chumettes, I suppose),

My absence, if at all noted, is due to the fact that I’ve recently moved from Atlanta to Boston. I’ll be in Beantown for the summer doing an internship at a production company and taking a summer course at a nearby college. I’m really excited to be here, and hope that I make the most of it and don’t get city-shy and hide away in my apartment during my free time in order to avoid the confusion of public transport and the unfamiliar busy pace of the streets.
Anyway, I’m still feeling rather lazy in terms of posting (I spend way more time reading other blogger’s posts!) so here’s a quick one. I wanted to share with you a cute little clip “You’re the Cats”, a short musical number with Ben Lyon and Ona Munson from 1931 in the movie “The Hot Heiress”:


I saw this clip a few weeks before Gracie and I started talking about making a blog, and though it is by no means a lyrically sophisticated or musically poignant number, I do love it and think it’s cute. Anyway, as you can see, this is where Gee and I got the idea for the name of this blog!
Hope you are all doing well!

- Emily 


No comments:

Post a Comment