Saturday, February 18, 2012

Retro, Why Naut?

Undoubtably you have already spent hours, as I have, entranced by the glory of Retronaut and all of the beauty and information it beholds.

Here are a few of my favorite images from the site. Naturally they are all from the 1930s and are in full color (yeehaw!)

In all honestly I haven't gone scavenging on there in quite sometime, but as soon as I get a free moment it's on my list of internet to-dos (along with tumblr [because I really like being a part of the Sherlock fandom], etsy, ebay, and practically every other history/fashion related site.)

I hope you enjoy these photos (they make for really good computer wallpapers, I've found : ))

Happy days,

Gracie

I like these "vernacular"/candid photos a little bit more than the Hollywood ones because they help remind me that real life could be just as vibrant and beautiful as it was portrayed in the media during such a difficult time.











This man's profile always reminds me of Dennis Morgan.


























5 comments:

  1. I'm always dreaming in front of these kind of pictures!!! LOVE them, thanks to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic! I'd never heard of Retronaut, so I'll have to go check it out.

    P.S. My high school French teacher grew up in Laurel, Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the retronaut...so many fantastic images. this is a lovely collection and homage to the site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm just going to say that I think I'm in love with your blog. If I don't just say that, I know I'll end up posting comments on every other piece and making a nuisance of myself.

    I'm in love with your blog.

    ReplyDelete