Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Cat and the Berry .... A Grand Reunion.

If you read the "It" post (which you probably didn't) you might know that for the past two weeks Emily and I have been together wreaking havoc on our hometown. In the case you didn't then, I feel obliged to inform you  that this has been the first time in four and a half months she and I have seen each other in person, so we have been far too busy enjoying being together to sit down and write a post about our time. Sadly our time here (in Atlanta) is coming to close. I go back to my mother's house and then school, and Emily leaves for Ol' Blighty for school.

We figured we should do at least one proper post together while we have the chance. Forgive us if you find it appallingly long and unnecessary, but honestly, this is more for us than anything else. I won't bore you with the details of our hometown adventures (especially since they were mostly mundane), but I will bombard this post with photos of  what we did. Also, as a treat for you lot, you finally get to see Emily's beautiful self! I know you're very excited to see this mystery woman, but simultaneously concerned that all of your illusions while be shattered by reality, but believe me you'll love her and wonder why she never put up any of her beautiful outfits and hair do's on the blog before. ((Emily's Edit: Ha.))

Emily wrote the photo captions:
Some of our friends (Gee in the back, me behind the camera) at a Vietnamese restaurant for dinner.  
Gee in her new (via Goodwill) purple Jean Harlow-eqsue skirt. We went to see "One Day" in theaters with a  friend, who hated it, but we liked it. 
Me in my beloved green pom-pom skirt and my new-to-me peasant blouse. We didn't get a good shot of the shoes, but they're wooden carved wedges!


Gee at the park. We went there the morning of my 20th birthday, per tradition for us. Note Gee's cute clay bird necklace! A friend got it for her as a gift when she was in South America. 
This took much coercion, getting a serious-faced group shot with Gee. She insisted on pulling faces of varying degrees of ridiculousness and tounge-sticking-out-ness. 

I have worn this skirt about every other day since we've been together. Not just because it's comfy and cute, but it's been so hot that the free movement it allows and cotton fabric makes it easy to wear and keep clean. I also wore it all the time in Boston, with the same top, for the same reasons. 
Gee at Fado's, my favorite restaurant.
Then she went back to her usual state. 
A good hair day! Still trying to grow out those regretful (and unintentional) highlights...
A vintage-style Krispy Kreme in the suburbs (we took my grandma there, she loves it). 
Gee in Madison. We went there for a day of vintage shopping, its this little town in Georgia that wasn't burnt down during the Civil War so it has some old architecture and also tons of antique shops. 
Gee in the dress that I gave her after Gee tried it on and I saw that it looked wayyyy better on her. Please excuse my extremely messy room.  
Wearing my first pair of vintage heels, and the only heels I really ever wear, from an estate sale for $5!! Probably late 30s/early 40s. 
My sneaky restaurant photography. At Fado's again. 
Gee in the shoes I got her for her birthday! 
Gracie at a state park near-ish to my house. 
Me in my newly acquired shorts, my first pair since about middle school.
At the site of our top-secret (not really) project, after shooting wrapped and bags were packed, with our smokin' hot leading men. 

Neither of us went to prom, so when Gee saw her chance to get her cheesy prom picture, she seized the opportunity.
- Gracie & Emily

2 comments:

  1. All the photos are lovely and you both are so beautiful, but the pompom skirt outfit especially is amaaaazing! Perfect in every way and the shoes look incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are the cutest! And, yes, I did read the It post, darn it!

    Best of luck to the both of you this semester!

    ReplyDelete