Thursday, August 4, 2011

Crystal Springs, Mississippi & Outfit Post

 Last weekend my dad and I went over to a town called Crystal Springs to visit the Robert Johnson Blues Museum, but as my luck would be, it was closed. So instead we walked around one of the streets with pretty old houses still around and I took some shots. I would have taken more, but I got really horrid blisters on my feet and it was like 1000 degrees out so I called it quits pretty early.
Incredibly pretty house in C.S. Probably my favorite, but not just because it's huge.

Other street view of it. (It's on a corner lot)

I love this house! And the mail box is really cute!

A Pure gas station, once a common site, but now a rarity.
One of the main streets... definitely not as pretty or prosperous as it once was.
Not Crystal Springs, but stuff related to my weekend. ... sort of
birthday gift from my momma
blues day (as in the day I went to Crystal Springs)
work clothes

xx Gee

4 comments:

  1. I love looked at (and living in!) old houses. With the heat, it hasn't been the best-ever summer for doing any kind of walking! Your poor feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I lived in a 1938 bungalow my whole life until last winter, now I live in a stinkin' 1980s attached house. Needless to say it was a major downgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures of the house. :) I live in Crystal Springs, MS, and that's always been one of my favorite houses. I'm a photographer, and was doing a photo shoot with a friend of mine one day (who is also my model sometimes), and wanted to see about doing one at this house. Unfortunately we couldn't get anyone to answer the door, despite there being vehicles in the carport. I'd still love to do a photo shoot there someday.
    There was a 'For Sale' sign in the yard for a short time late last year, but I noticed yesterday that it'd been removed. The same white car that's in the picture above, is still sitting in the same place in the carport. So I'm guessing either they decided not to sell it for whatever reason, or they sold it and just haven't moved yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, I found a site that has some pictures of the house you posted above. And it has some information about it. Two of the pictures on it were taken on the inside of the house. It's gorgeous!! :D
    Here's the link (it's the second house on the page):
    http://gaia-house.blogspot.com/p/usa.html

    ReplyDelete