Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Sum of My Parts

Hey-o,

This little post is more for my benefit and entertainment than for you (meaning that I am procrastinating, but also too lazy to come up with a real/good post.) So, I thought I would share some of the things that make being away from home a little less weird:

1. A comfy room with all of my unnecessary stuff.
Honestly, these things are all very representative of who I am and how I live, so though they may seem trivial to you, they are a big part of me (as dumb as that may sound)

where I get my most of my work done (when I actually do it,  that is) 


2. Familiar flavors
My top three favorite teas; Sleepytime, EBT, and lemon+jasmine green tea

HONEY! I LOVE HONEY.
The Sourwood honey from Sav. Bee Co. is so delicious, but ridiculously over priced.
($6 for 3 ounces!)
 3. Familiar scents
My favorite perfume. I'd say I'm pretty committed to this one, since I've been using it since I was 15...
THIS STUFF SMELLS AMAZING.
It is like lemon cake goodness for your body (except not sticky or edible... trust me on that)
4. Familiar objects:







5. And most importantly, wonderful people (okay well two of them)
No I am not including myself in that statement! This is in reference to my awesome roommate who leaves me notes on our mirror when she leaves for her (very) early class. Today's read: "Hey good lookin'! Have a great day!"

Screen shot from one of my many Skype calls with Emily.
This is usually what happens to her face when she gets excited to see me. 
Hope to have something more substantial soon,

Gracie

2 comments:

  1. You're wearing such a cute outfit (and your hair always looks good!). I actually wear the exact same perfume. I occasionally wear a combination of white musk and sandalwood oils instead, but for the most part, it's Coco Mademoiselle! Paul's good about keeping me supplied.

    It looks like you're having a much more positive dorm experience than I ever had--my freshman-year roommate stayed up until 3 every morning watching movies and then her alarm would start going off at 6 a.m. and she would just keep hitting the snooze button and not get up!!! For an hour!!! That was seven years ago and I'm still scarred. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you lauren, you're so sweet! Isn't that scent just the best? I don't know what Im going to do if I run out before christmas!
    Hahahh wow that roommate does sound pretty awful. My roommate last year was/is really nice but she and I NEVER spoke to one another except once near the end of the year. It was very unusual.

    ReplyDelete