Friday, July 22, 2011

Artist Feature: Chéri Hérouard

Chéri Hérouard (1881-1961) was a French artist known for his numerous illustrations for the magazine La Vie Parisienne. Here are some of my favorite of his works - they're sometimes humorous, often sentimental, and always whimsical!





Sorry for the watermark, it was the only version I could find of this with high resolution!





That Santa Clause lurking in the corner is more than a little creepy, but everything is lovely.





The Charleston dance


Mmm,  I love her coat and muff!!

"The Season of Nests - An Error!" 
The Revenge of Eve / Eve's Revenge



- Emily

P.S - On a totally unrelated note, Gidget is on TCM this Sunday at 12 pm noon! Released in 1959, this is way past the era I usually watch in old films, but this one is a gem. Gracie introduced me to it senior year of high school (she also watched the Gidget spin-off TV show when she was a kid) and boy am I glad! I find it very charming and heartwarming, plus, Sandra Dee is just adorable! Give it a watch if you haven't already!
A candid of Sandra Dee on the set of Gidget.
Gidget with frighteningly red-tan Moondoggie and Kahoona. 

1 comment:

  1. These are fabulous illustrations! I think a few of these are going to have to go on my tumblr! Thanks for sharing!

    It's been years since I watched Gidget--it deserves a re-watch!

    ReplyDelete