Wednesday, July 20, 2011

More Vintage Family Photos

I found a few more old family pictures on my computer - they aren't as pretty, style-wise, as the last set I put up, but I thought I'd share them anyway.

Some distant male relative, looking like he feels pretty bad-ass in his uniform and sunglasses. 

My mom (in the front, on the right) with her older brother and sister.
         
This actually isn't a family member, it's one of my grandma's friends. I just liked her shirt. 

Also not family. I'm pretty sure these were two of my grandma's friends in high school.  
Not sure who this is, but it's some distant female relative in the 1930s.  
Also not family members - some of my great-grandparents' friends. I liked the ladies' dresses.
My great-grandma Laverne (back row, second from the left) played basketball in high school! It's weird to think that she had my grandma only 3 years later, in 1930. She looks so young here!
My grandma as a little kid. Her brother was older than her so I don't know who the boy is... but his shorts are funny, hehe. 
Great-Grandma Laverne with my grandma as a baby. 
My mom told me that this is my great-grandma (on the far right) with fellow basketball teammates showing off their very puffy pantaloons that were part of their uniform! Notice their legs are covered in stockings. I can't imagine trying to be sporty in such body-covering gear, they must've been so sweaty!
My great aunt, Linda, as a young teen.
My grandma (on the right) in college in the late 40s, with two of her friends. I wonder who the guy was...
Some distant relatives' wedding photo, I'm not sure when. Their names make it pretty clear that they were either first generation or second generation immigrants - his name is Torval and her name is Bjorg, last names Larson. Most of my family immigrated from Norway, and those names are pretty darn Norwegian.
- Emily

4 comments:

  1. You're so lucky to have these amazing photos - the first one, yes he DOES look bad-ass! I love the dresses and hairdo's of your great-grandparent's friends - looks like a special occasion and the baby pic with Laverne is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing these. They're great. I especially love the one of your grandmother's friend - I love her top, too!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are great! I, too, love the one of your grandmother's friend, I love her glasses and of course, her top!!! She looks like fun!

    The photo of your great-grandma and baby grandmother is so beautiful! Laverne is lovely and her necklace is great!

    And okay, the photograph of the basketball gals showing off their puffy pants is such hoot!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all!! :)
    Ginger - yeah, the puffy basketball shorts photo is a favorite!!

    ReplyDelete